It’s October!!! I cannot believe it is already my favourite season, and to celebrate, I have created a list of thirteen of my favourite autumnal snacks! I hope you enjoy these ideas, and can use them as often as I do.
- Baked Pumpkin Seeds – I love pumpkin seeds! They can be sweet, or savoury! I like them salty, being a very salty person myself. Be warned, these are nearly 300 calories per cup, so limit yourself, as you would with any treat!
- Apples with Cinnamon and Peanut Butter – Sprinkle some cinnamon in your peanut butter, and use a tablespoon or two of it on some apple slices! Delicious, and almost as good as apple pie, in my opinion.
- Low Carb Pumpkin Muffins – My mom makes some amazing pumpkin muffins. Just saying. These are more for a breakfast than a snack, but whatever. They’re tasty and can’t be left out.
- Carrot ‘Pumpkins’ – Cut carrots into pumpkin shapes! I feel like this is such a cute spin on the regular old carrot.
- Apple Pie Energy Bites – Oh my gosh. Don’t these look amazing! I need them in my life, right now. I don’t know how many calories there are, but I doubt you should consume more than 2, but that’s just my guess.
- Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Energy Bites – I know, I know. Another energy bite recipe? But these have chocolate in them. However, you have to be sure not to eat more than 2!
- Fruit Cornucopia – Thanksgiving is in Autumn! These look fun, easy, and delicious! The only thing I see being unhealthy is the cone, but that’s not too bad, especially if you replace the cone with a piece of paper shaped into a cornucopia! (Just don’t eat it)
- Butternut Squash Crisps – A good alternative to chips! Plus, you’re getting squash. Bonus, amirite.
- Mandarin ‘Pumpkins’ – Draw a pumpkin face on some oranges, and you got a cute little snack, healthy and fun all at once!
- Frozen ‘Boo-Nana’ Pops – These are super cute, and definitely fit into my diet. I love how sweet they are, so adorable. I would personally switch out the chocolate for some yogurt, but you do you!
- Stuffed Jalapeno Mummies – So awesome!! Aren’t they neat? I love the idea, and despite the fact that I don’t like Jalapenos, I think this is great.
- Halloween Sweet Potato Fries – That’s right. Shaped sweet potatoes. Could you get any more autumnal?
- Candy Corn Fruit Cocktail – This is perfect for a Halloween party, or even a nice fall evening. I want to make these for my siblings this year!